Dr. Mullins and his wife moved to San Diego for a Navy tour in 1998. He completed his undergraduate Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology from West Virginia University. He then attended Dental School at West Virginia University obtaining his Doctorate of Dental Surgery in 1998. He then completed a general practice residency at Naval Medical Center San Diego and then served as the Dental Officer onboard the USS DULUTH, LPD-6 for the final three years of his Navy Service. Following the Naval tour, Dr. Mullins returned to West Virginia University to earn his Masters of Science in Orthodontics. Recently, Dr. Mullins became board certified by the American Board of Orthodontics following review of 10 of his completed cases and an oral examination that took place in St. Louis.
Dr. Mullins’ professional accomplishments and activities include:
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
- Invisalign® Certified Orthodontist
- Orthodontic Training Achievements: Completion of Masters Thesis, “Effect of enamel bleaching on orthodontic bond strength” (abstract recently published in the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics)
- Naval Achievements: Navy Commendation Medal, Navy and Marine Corp Achievement Medal, Qualified as Surface Warfare Medical Department Officer, One of the few Dental Officers ever qualified as shipboard Command Duty Officer.
- Dental School Achievements: President of the WV Chapter of the American Student Dental Association, WVU School of Dentistry Scholarship for the last three years of dental school, Membership into Omicron Kappa Epsilon Honorary Dental Society, American Association of Public Health Dentistry’s Community Dentistry and Dental Public Health Award, 1998 Hinman Scholar, Omicron Kappa Upsilon Basic Health Science Award, Dr. William S. Kramer Award of Excellence, and the Freshman Instrument Award.
- Member: San Diego County Dental Society, California Dental Association, American Dental Association, Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists, and the American Association of Orthodontists.